SNACK COORDINATOR / ASSISTANT TEACHER
40 Hours/Week with Benefits
- Provides the role of Assistant Teacher in classrooms when needed for teacher preparation and planning time and during teachers regularly scheduled assigned breaks.
- When acting in Assistant Teacher role, ensures that each child receives a balanced and appropriate learning experience that reflects biblical teaching and employs Child Appropriate Practices guidelines.
- Assists the Preschool Director with end of day and week preschool closing responsibilities
- Ensures that the dismissal of each child at the end of the day is handled in accordance with state guidelines and approved policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the ordering and maintaining of the snack and supply inventory for all classrooms including assisting with weekly ordering of food shipments and storage.
- Responsible for the preparation, distribution and clean up of all daily snacks required for every preschool class, in accordance with proper food handling health standards.
- Responsible for the organization and cleanliness of the preschool kitchen and food preparation areas including sinks, refrigerators and other storage areas.
- Responsible for the laundering of used towels and/or sheets to maintain a sanitary and safe classroom environment for children and staff.
- Responsible for the necessary feeding and inventory of pet supplies for all classroom pets.
- Christ-centered behavior, i.e., treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity at all times.
- Endorses without reservation the Church’s Statement of Faith, the church’s calling, commitments and practices.
- Regularly attends the worship services at Mission Hills Church or local like-minded church.
- Possesses a High School diploma.
- Has completed or is enrolled in two core Early Childhood Development Classes, specifically, Child Development 100 and Childhood Development 115, pursuant to the California State Licensing requirements.
- Possesses active CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Possesses food handlers certificate.
- Possesses current fingerprinting records/Life Scan as required by State Licensing.
- Possesses current Health Screening and TB test, as required by State Licensing.
- Has a passion for preschool age children and a comprehensive understanding of children’s needs and development
To apply, complete the Preschool Application for Employment. Send Application to HR@missionhillschurch.org
Should you have any questions, please contact Director of Administration, Carol Kranz at (760) 759-2248.