Hope Institute Fall Session
September 22 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:30 am on Sunday, repeating until November 24, 2019
We will be offering 2 courses for the Hope Institute Fall Session. Both classes will be held on the campus of Mission Hills Church on Sunday mornings from 10:45 am-noon for the duration of the class. Contact course instructor to signup and exact location of class.
How to Read, Study and Understand the Bible for All Its Worth
Principles for Understanding and Applying God’s Word Today
Teaching Biblical Interpretation
Goals: As a result of successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Summarize the nature of biblical interpretation and the story of how the canon of Scripture came to us.
- Explain in clear detail the goals and methods of an evangelical approach to Biblical interpretation.
- Analyze biblical texts with reference to genre, historical context, and literary context to order to determine the author’s intended meaning with a high degree of accuracy.
- Appropriately apply biblical texts to diverse contemporary contexts, taking account of their contextual and historically-conditioned nature.
- Use a variety of biblical study tools with confidence and appropriate caution.
Through this time, our prayer is that you would come to love God’s Word in an even deeper way, cultivate a life of immersing your mind in the Scriptures, and in so doing, become a more authentic doer and teacher of the Word.
Theme verse: 2 Tim. 3:16-17
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
Contact: Bill Comstock (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Will meet in Room 104 (downstairs)
The Story of God
This is a summary of the overarching story of the Bible from creation to consummation. This course will help connect the various themes in the Bible and show how it all fits together in one beautiful story of God’s plan for humanity.
The only text required is a Bible (and a notebook/pen).
Contact: Chad Crammer (email@example.com)
Will meet in the High School Room (Room 201 – upstairs)