June 29 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:30 pm on Wednesday, repeating until July 20, 2022
Tools for Living Courageously
Be inspired with a renewal of Hope – fueled by the love, character, and integrity of Jesus Christ. The primary goal of this workshop is to help you grow spiritually, emotionally, and relationally. Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Jesus Christ (Phil 1:6). The one-week topical sessions below will include opportunities for listening to the Lord, hearing testimonies, and sharing your story.
Sessions from the workbook (The Relationship Resource, 2020) on:
- Wholeness – Face Your brokenness
- Discovering Your Identity – Spiritual Origin
- Emotional Well-Being – Are You Emotionally Aware?
- Family of Origin – Violations of Love and Trust
- Recognize Your Coping Mechanisms – Unhealthy Patterns
- Overcoming Shame – Exposing the Lie of Self-Hate
- Renewing the Mind – Our Journey into Truth
- Conquering Addictions – Spiritual Warfare: Understanding the Nature of the Battle
- Understanding Sexuality – The Courage to Be Honest with Others and Ourselves
- Forgiveness – Emotional Freedom in Christ
- Bitterness – Deliverance from Feeling Bitter and Embracing Grace
- Becoming – Are you Becoming a More Loving Person?
What to expect: by the end of the Workshop, you will have a better understanding and awareness of your “Pain and Peace Cycle”. Becoming aware of your cycle is the first step to positive change. Revealing brings healing. Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy (Proverbs 28:13). Four steps of the Pain Peace Cycle (Hargrave and Pfitzer, 2011) are:
- Say what/how you feel. (Pain)
- Say what you normally do. (Coping)
- Say the truth. (Peace from the Word of God)
- Say what you will do differently (New action in Love)
MenSkills I – In Person
When: Wed April 20, 2022, 6:30 PM – Wed July 20, 2022, 8:30 PM; Weekly/Wednesdays, 6:30 – 8:30 PM
Where: Mission Hills Church – Room 207. Cost: $50/MenSkills Workbook
Contact: Todd Easley (858) 735-7152 for more information. (Limited to 10 men)
Sources: www.therelationshipresource.org; The Holy Bible; and Terry Hargrave and Franz Pfitzer, Restoration Therapy, 2011.